The Reddy people are basically from Tamil Nadu and are basically natives of this place. Occupying a very high position in the society, the Reddy brides follow very simple and lucid rituals during their marriage. Their wedding ceremony is a held in a very traditional style. The marriage is mostly held in temples but sometimes may also be held outside owing to lack of spaces. Pre-wedding ceremony consists of 3 steps:
- Nischitartham - engagement of bride and the groom
- Snatakam - In this ceremony, it is ensured that the groom has ability to take all responsibilities towards his wife and family throughout his life after marriage.
- Kasiyatra where the groom suddenly changes his decision of marriage and decides to go to kasha to be an educated laureate land to become a sanyasi .His niece and nephew then convince him for marriage and then finally he changes his mind and returns to marry.
- Mangalasnanam or the holy and sacred bath.
- Bridal make up which make a bride look the best on her marriage
- Ganesh and Gauri puja or worshipping the god for his blessing on the eve of their new life, Kanyadanam or the occasion where the father gives her daughter's complete responsibility to the groom, Panigrahanam where the bride and groom hold their hands together, Mangalsutradharanam where the holy thread is tied on the bride's neck as a symbol of her marriage and Saptapdi in which the seven rounds are taken around the fire for worshipping the fire god and the oaths of staying together forever are taken.